Friday, March 14, 2008

Our Sweet Baby... Kennedy Ann DeVere




On Sunday March 9Th at 4:00 pm our beautiful baby girl entered this world, weighing in at 7 pounds 12 ounces and 21 inches long. We had quite an exciting delivery, starting Saturday night after playing an intense game of Farkle with Ryan, Ashlee,Brooke and Vaughn. We headed up to Mckay Dee where after an hour of monitoring my contractions they admit ed me. As we wheeled down the hall another woman was being rushed in screaming for an epidural it was really scary for me to hear ... the woman had her baby with in a minute of going into the room -No epidural for her!! When they asked me what my pain level was for an epidural, I said obviously not as bad as hers, but I don't want to get that bad. During delivery I had my mom and Tyson's mom and my 2 sisters in the room, my littlest sisters face was hilarious! She kept making me laugh! I had Tyson count while I pushed it was really encouraging to hear his voice, I only pushed for 20 minutes. Everyone was crying when she came out, especially Tyson it was really sweet. I just love him so much! So the scary part of my delivery... when my water broke it looked like pea soup (gross I know) it was because the baby had some how gotten stressed, and she passed a bowel movement. We had 2 respiratory nurse on stand by, so when they pulled her out they could clear her nose and mouth before she screamed, they tried to move fast but baby girl took in a huge breath and in went the meconium. The next time I got to see her she was in the NICU where she stayed till Wednesday. It was so sad to see her hooked up to a respirator and monitors. Tyson gave her the sweetest blessing that night, and they were able to take her off the respirator, which the doctors said was unheard of because of the damage sustained to her lungs. She made an impressive recovery and amazed us all. They gave her a course of antibiotics for the bacteria, and we were able to bring her home Wednesday morning it was so exciting! She has been such a joy to have around she is so pleasant mannered and eats really well at her 1st Dr apt on Friday the Dr. was impressed that she had only lost 1 oz from her birth weight, its probably because she eats twice as much as any other newborn baby. She is a hungry girl!! We absolutely cant get enough of her! she is so precious!

4 comments:

KO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KO said...

Wow... what an experience... especially with your first. I'm glad to hear you and the baby are doing good. I can't wait to see more pics of little Kennedy!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! SHE IS SO GORGEOUS! ENJOY!

~Paige~ said...

PICTURES!!! Love them, we are so happy for you guys! Can't wait to hold her!

About Me

My photo
Tyson and I have been married for over 3 years we were joined by our most precious baby girl Kennedy born March 9th!! We love living close to both our family's they do so much for us. I believe that when you have Love you have everything you need.

sweet baby

sweet baby