Kennedy started her 1st day of preschool today. She was very excited, I on the other hand have mixed emotions about the entire issue. I am torn between feeling happy and sad that she is so grown up and no longer my sweet little baby. Most parents wait till after their child turns 3 to put them into preschool, I decided it would be a great idea to let her go at 2.5 years old. Why? because she is brilliant and will thrive in a learning environment. When I took her to school this morning we stood in the foyer, I told her that I loved her and that she needed to listen to her teacher and that she was going to have the best time. she looked at me and said, "I need you to hug me mom." I thought I was going to loose it, I wanted to scoop her up and run out the door. I didn't I just hugged and kissed her till she squirmed away, and then I left. I had 2.5 hours to myself to do whatever I pleased. When I picked her up she was smiling ear to ear she said she had a great time, they ate gummy bears, sang songs, and played in the sand. She really liked her teacher Mrs. Christmas (Kristen she wont fix it even though she can say it right, oh well.) Thursday is her second day and I am sure it will go by much more smoothly getting her out the door :) I guess, I am excited that she is starting a new stage in her life. And if she is happy about going to school for a few hours each week then I will be happy about that also.
2 weeks ago

4 comments:
amanda she is so beautiful. you now need to have another.
Why does she seem older than 2.5 to me? She also looks like your sister Kaitlyn in one of those pictures! She is so cute!
I guess I haven't looked at your blog in a while because I cannot believe how big she has gotten! She is so beautiful Amanda!
I dont love that our little ones dont stay little forever, but it is pretty wonderful to see them grow. What a beautiful little girl.
Post a Comment