
Kennedy has been a very easy baby we have breezed through ever stage like it was nothing, sleeping through the night, crawling, walking, talking, getting rid of a the bink and bottle and sleeping in a big girl bed was our last accomplishment. Now I am very much ready to be done with the diaper stage, and I did feel like Kennedy was ready too. Seriously I just don't know what to do anymore, I feel like all my timed prompting, song singing, naked days, and treat/ toy bribing are just not paying off... probably because I keep changing wet poopie diapers. She had pooped on the toilet several times this week (always at night) so I thought we were on the right track, until today she had 4 solids in a 6 hour time period not once did she tell me she had to poop. I really wanted to have her potty trained by her 2 birthday which is right around the corner so I need some expert parenting advice, what really works?
Some of my ???
Should I get her a mini toilet? she already has the removable seat that she picked out
Will putting her in "big girl panties" really inspire her to be a big girl?
Should I just wait till she is older?
Will she one day train her self?
How do you potty train when you are out and about? I hate public toilets
Am I thinking too much about this?
Is there is someone who actually reads my blog that can give me some advice?
Will summer ever come?
Will I ever feel really ready to have another baby?
Sorry about that last few random babbles
ps. my camera is broken that is why there has been nothing to post

9 comments:
I potty trained Burklie by two and she did it in a day and a half, but we are still dealing with pee-pee accidents every once in-awhile. Wait until she is ready or you will just keep cleaning up pee and poop every day! We did the easypottytraining.com which worked really well for us, but I dont know if she was quite ready when we did it. We made her throw away her diapers and told her she was a big girl now so she wore big girl undies. We did a sticker chart plus treats. The little potty did wonders for her but it is such a pain having to clean it 5-10 times a day.
I would just say make sure she is ready and not to pressure too hard. That might make it worse if she's not ready. I found that the portable potty was easy because she could use it without any help getting up to the toilet. Be ready for LOTS of accidents and wet pants. The very worst is having a cart full of groceries and them saying they need to potty! You will have to leave the cart and go, probably more than once each trip-not fun! I wanted to kill everybody that told me "Oh my kid did it all on their own!" Mine never did, and it took a lot of work, but you have to do it and it will get easier and easier. And expect a fallout (lots of accidents) a few weeks after she has been potty trained. They master one skill and move onto the next and forget all that they just learned. Good Luck though, haha. She'll get it one of these days!
I agree with the above comments about waiting for her to be ready. I am so ready to potty train Ella but I am not sure she is up for it yet.. My sister potty trained in 2 days. The first day she set a timer for every 20 -30 min and took her potty every time it went off. the second day they spread out the time a little linger. It worked so good for her and she hardly had accidents(but of course she had some I think that is inevitable) I am going to do it cold turkey, once the diaper is gone they are gone for good even at night.
GOOD LUCK!! when you figure out the trick let me know I will be starting in a couple months
Hahaha, I started potty training Ellie before she was 2, and I did treats, and any prize you could think of. I bought the little toilet, and she did great going potty in it. But it wasn't every-time, and I also tried the underpants, and cleaning the carpet is not fun. I finally told her to tell me when she was ready, and 3 months later she started asking to go potty, and even wore panties through the night. My personal opinion is they do it when their ready:) Don't stress to much, it makes it way overwhelming.
Oh ya, potty on the go will save your life. You can get them at babies-r-us. poratable potty you can take in the car or shove inyour diaper bag. They have little bags that go inside, when they pee on them it turns into gel. Greatest invention ever!
I went through the same thing. I actually asked her if she had to go potty soooo many times that she refused to go and got annoyed by it. She finally just went when she was ready. Apparently a stubborn child is not the type to push....
Seriously how did women survive motherhood before the internet? Thank you so much for all the advice, I have already started implimenting some of it in to our training and she is responding great. I have decided to be supportive and if she asks to go potty (which she has) we go and get a treat + sticker chart, if she goes in her diapers (which is 95% of the time) then its ok.
I am going to sum this up for you real quickly "WAIT" she will be more ready at about 3! both Bella and Preston potty trained right before they became sunbeams in church "3" is great! IF they LEARN SOONER awesome too! You have done all you can, and you are doing good. However, she just isn't ready it sounds like. Hugs, Jenn
Yep I agree, you are doing a great job, but you can't force it! some kids can do it earlier & some later; the sooner you realize just to let her do it when she is ready, the least frustrated you will be. Sotera was ready @ 2 & was potty trained for a whole week. Then she decided she wasn't ready. After about a week of yelling & time outs ( I got sick to my stomach for the way it felt being so frustrated all the time) I stopped pressuring & 6 months later ( 2 months before she was 3) it clicked for her & she was ready & did it herself!! It was so easy!! You just have to wait until they are ready & every kid is different!! & every kid responds to something different to bribe them with (what finally worked for sotera was pink balloons at her birthday party) go figure!! Good Luck!! Give Kenny girl a big kiss from us!
Post a Comment